- Oregano means Joy of The Mountain in Ancient Greek
- Ancient Greeks believed that cows that grazed in fields full of oregano had tastier meat
- When in bloom they have beautiful purple or pink flowers that are also edible
- The Ancient Greeks also believed that if you anoint yourself with oregano you will dream about your future spouse.
- It became popular in America after soldiers returned from Service in World War Two in the Mediterranean and were craving pizza its this reason it is often called the pizza herb
- When using dried oregano crush it a little in your hand to release the essential oils and flavor
- It's a wonderful herb to add to pasta dishes especially tomato based, omelets, bread, roast potatoes, kebabs, chicken, lentils the list is endless
Fresh oregano adds a fragrant punch to your pizza
What are your favorite ways to use Oregano?
27th Oct 2018